Monday, September 1, 2008

...and we're back...

How is it possible that August disappeared so quickly? Although we still have weeks of great weather -- usually the best of the entire year -- I've always felt like when August is done, so is summer.

And with fall, no matter how long it's been since I've sat in a classroom, I always feel like it's time to start getting ready for school. Or revamping audition materials. For me, September 1 has always felt like the real New Year's Day.

And what's more, I've been doing headshots for a full year now! I can hardly believe it. I've worked with some the best and brightest talent in Chicago and we've generated some incredible, fresh images that have landed people work. From the off-Loop, non-Equity theatre scene, to independent films, to modeling agencies, and soon even in London actors and theater companies will be using Archetype Images to tell the entertainment industry who they are.

And for me, this summer has been one of the greatest learning experiences. I've been expanding my skills and started working in the wedding industry. If you thought a tech week was tough, try juggling a couple of weddings and then get back to me.

But the building of the wedding portfolio has begun. I have three scenarios in the can, so to speak, and two more planned. Wedding photos are an entirely different genre from marketing images, but there are definitely some common themes. It's all about telling a story and using all of the components of a still image to convey that story, including color, composition, light and subject. It's a fascinating area and in the coming weeks I look forward to sharing some incredible images I've taken as well as revamping the website to include my wedding packages.

20080-2009 is going to be a great year!

No comments: