Friday, September 21, 2007

Brian Coleman


Do you remember your senior year in either high school or college? For me it was the year that everything came together and all my hard work starting paying off. I was getting the roles I wanted, I had freshmen looking up to me. The world was just waiting on the other side of the diploma and I just knew I was going to conquer it. And frankly, I'm pretty pleased with my success so far.

Brian Coleman is a senior at Northwestern and he's just bursting with enthusiasm and ready to take on the world. Brian had heard through a mutual friend that I was setting up shop and expressed an interest in working with me. Not apparent from the shot above, but Brian has an amazing smile. I have yet to see him perform, but I've been around long enough to know talent when I see it, and Brian is the real deal. He is one to watch.

As with all my consultations, we quickly settled on the topic of Brian's career goals. Initially after graduation he intends to work in Chicago. He's already performed with About Face, which is not a bad debut credit for any actor. Brian intends to do it all. He's a dancer, so he's very interested in musicals. He's an actor and doesn't limit his ambitions to the stage. And he's practical. He realizes he needs to make money, so he's after the print and modeling work. He's going to do it all.

We talked about a lot of things, but when we talked about print work, I asked Brian what types of products he imagined he could sell. Toothpaste was his initial response. But for me, I told him there was something about that glorious head of hair that said Gap to me. He laughed. He's fully aware that he has Gap hair.

So, or our shoot among other things I studied the pictures in a Gap ad. This shot isn't meant to mimic those ads so much as it's meant to evoke them. Couldn't this kid sell you a T-shirt?

Brian Coleman: remember that name.

No comments: